E-commerce platforms were introduced about ten years ago. With the introduction of eCommerce, people can buy their products faster and easier in their homes.
ECommerce business is a very big industry in the US because most people are very busy with work, school and family, so they need something faster and easier for them to buy things they want whether its clothes, accessories, groceries, etc. eCommerce gives them that.
So you want to start selling online? But do you know that before you start selling online, you should have an eCommerce business plan that would guide you when you start your business?
I know most people cannot write an eCommerce business plan, especially beginners. That is why I put together this article to teach you how to write an eCommerce business plan.
So why is it very important to have an eCommerce business plan?
It is very important to have a business plan before you start your eCommerce business. Not only should you have a business plan for your eCommerce business, but you should also have a business plan for any business you are starting. Your business plan will help you make the right decisions; it will also help you to build a right structure for your business. Building a good structure for your business is very important because you will need them to make the business they way you want it to be.
I won’t lie to you, it is not an easy task to write a business plan as it takes lots of research and time, but you can do it.
So let’s dive in and talk about how to create an eCommerce business plan. So let’s get started.
Components of a business plan.
- Executive summary. The executive is the last thing you will write in your business plan. This plan must summarize the main highlights of the other sections.
- Company description. This is an overview of your company, services, or products. For instance, your company description is what you would tell people who you want to invest in your business.
- Market analysis. This part of your business plan helps you define your industry and target market.
- Products and Services. In this part of your plan, you get to discuss about your products and services.
- Marketing and sales. This part of your plan is where you get to discuss how you will identify prospects, reach your target market, and sell your services and products.
- Funding request. This part of your plan is where you get to define your funding needs and how you intend on using the funds and paying them back.
- Financial projections. This part of your plan is where you project how much your business will make in the coming years.
- Management and organization. This part of your plan explains your business management and organization. It also allows you to define all the different parties involved in the management and organization of your business.
— Square Canada (@SquareCanada) 16 de junio de 2017